1. The condition of the merchandise was unacceptable, so I demanded that they give me my money _____.
2. If Ms. Hernandez _____ for many years at an ad agency, she wouldn’t have so many clients as an independent contractor.
wouldn’t have worked
3. We usually start with the marketing phase, even if we are not finished _____ the development of the product.
4. Out of all of us, Jose was the one _____ scored the highest on the exam.
5. I’ve never seen specifications as detailed as _____.
6. If Brandon finishes his work by 5:00, he _____ us at the Rosewood Cafe.
7. The budget report for last year was very _____ researched.
8. Ms. Arguello never expected that her podcast would be _____ popular.
9. If Rebecca had sent the replacement part for the copier, we _____ it yesterday.
would have received
10. We are looking to hire someone who has a strong _____ in management.
11. Hiring freelancers is not _____ expensive as bringing in a new employee.
12. How _____ from the airport to the hotel?
did you get
you did get
13. Many people have difficulty _____ the entrance examination for IT courses at the Snell Institute.
14. No one has yet succeed _____ improving on Ms. Glaser’s original design for our company’s logo.
15. _____ someone sends me a text, I get back to them within 10 minutes.
No matter how
16. Mr. Mettner said that he _____ the security deposit for the apartment.
hasn’t yet received
hadn’t yet received
isn’t yet receiving
didn’t yet receive
17. Martin Beale _____ all of the legal matters for RTG Plastics Inc.
18. By next February Roger ______ at his new job for six months.
will have been working
will be working
19. If you are in town next week, we should have _____ together.
20. People will be able to set up websites by _____ because the platform is so simple.
21. The factory floor supervisor started the generator _____ the power had gone out.
22. Ms. Fiallos was not _____ for the truck driver position because she did not have a valid driver’s licence.
23. When she discovered the briefcase didn’t belong to her, she tried to find out _____ it was.
24. Sites like Uploadithere.com are _____ way to send large documents.
25. The bulky frame made the picture _____ heavy to hang on the wall.
26. _____ Wednesday, two of the key people on the design team called in sick.
27. When _____ us the final draft of the report?
you will send
will you send
28. Robert will stay at the job site until 6pm unless Tony _____ to replace him first.
29. Mr. Weiss considers his company’s move to Canada to be _____.
30. Try to guess the definition of a word without looking it _____ in the dictionary.
31. The amount of _____ housing in the southern part of the city has increased in the last five years.
32. Russell doesn’t usually work on weekends. _____, he will make an exception for this client.
33. _____ of us are going anywhere this weekend because there is too much work to do.
34. The manufacturing operation _____ smoothly while Ms. Kurtz was on vacation.
35. Choose the phrase that has the correct punctuation.
First I will send you the document ________________
Then I will bill you.
then I will bill you.
then I will bill you.
then I will bill you.
36. Luckily, Mona remembered _____ an extra set of keys to give to Max.
37. Who _____ to inform him that his bid for the apartment renovation had been accepted?
Did Eric call
Did call Eric
38. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes the taxi driver said.”
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes.” The taxi driver said.
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes” the taxi driver said.
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes,” the taxi driver said.
39. After an hour, the mechanic was able to pull the tire _____ of the wheel.
40. It’s important to put _____ into _____ of any new project.
the time, the planning
the time, planning
time, the planning
41. Please forgive me _____ not informing you about the problems we were having with the new software.
42. _____ sent you to deliver the printer?
43. No one has figured out exactly _____ caused the power failure.
44. ___ twelve years, Opal Systems has been designing operating systems for government institutions.
45. Ricardo’s boss _____ him telling the client how to use the software.
46. The committee _____ the job of quality control to Karl Mertz.
47. If I _____ my vacation in March, I never would have met Mr. Edwards.
48. Most people prefer sleeping at home _____ sleeping on an airplane.
49. Mr. Ibanez gave _____ calling Mr. Hansen after Mr. Hansen never responded to his messages.
50. Tomas decided to visit _____ sisters in Amsterdam in April.
51. _____ happened after I left work yesterday?
52. Please continue to use the front entrance _____ a delivery is too large to fit through the door.
53. Ms. Elkin had two bags with her when she arrived, _____?
54. The new operating system should significantly reduce the _____ of time it takes to upload documents.
55. _____ the switch on the back of the machine do?
56. The _____ for submissions to the design competition is March 3.
57. Monday is a holiday, _____ Emily will contact you on Tuesday.
58. _____ our supplier’s shipment was late, I managed to get most of the order ready.
59. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger three hot dogs and an apple turnover.
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger, three hot dogs, and an apple turnover.
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than, a hamburger, three hot dogs, and an apple turnover.
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger, three hot dogs and, an apple turnover.
60. Ms. Costas depends _____ three major accounts for most of her business.
61. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each other’s work.
Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each others’ work.
Everyone in the copywriting department, always checks eachother’s work.
Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each others work.
62. A huge traffic jam prevented Lila _____ getting to the airport on time.
63. Mr. Yee shops at _____ hardware store in his area.
64. _____________, I will have the report done by next week.
Either I take on another job or not
Whenever I take on another job or not
Whether I take on another job or not
Neither I take on another job or not
65. _____ is an important ingredient in any soup.
66. Now that Ms. Brecht has retired, we all agree it will be difficult to _____ her.
67. The results of the study were inconclusive. _____, more research needs to be done.
68. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Sam’ dad’s truck was found without its wheels.
Sam’s dad’s truck was found without its wheels.
Sams dads truck was found without its wheels.
Sam’s dad’s truck was found without it’s wheels.
69. Our marketing strategy is based on _____ experience.
either data or
both data and
neither data nor
not only data also
70. My _____ hard drive is infected with a virus.
71. When Richard arrived at the studio, Nancy _____ the lights for the film shoot.
has set up
had set up
was setting up
72. There are two things you will need to complete this _____ a pair of pliers and a drill.
73. Ms. Lin is _____ careful about criticising other people’s work.
None of the above
74. There are no restaurants anywhere near the factory, _____?
75. Leila and Rico moved to Spain, _____ they started a consulting business.
76. I usually don’t drink _____, but _____ they serve at Tom’s Diner is delicious.
the coffee, the coffee
coffee, the coffee
the coffee, coffee
77. If someone _____ Ms.Langston in advance, she always gives a 5% discount.
78. PismoCorp spent _____ little on the renovation of their Berlin headquarters.
None of the above
79. Five months after he was laid off, Javier succeeded _____ another job.
80. _____ owns the red truck in the parking lot must move it by 2:30.
81. Jenny spent ten minutes trying to sort out _____ jacket was _____.
82. We decided _____ going to this year’s trade fair in Mumbai because we were too busy with current projects.
83. I _____ six commercial jingles in the last 3 weeks.
84. The Vice President _____ a meeting of the senior officers to discuss next year’s budget.
85. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The only computer, in the office that was new, was a laptop.
The only computer in the office, that was new was a laptop.
The only computer in the office that was new was a laptop.
The only computer, in the office that was new was a laptop.
86. If I _____ how to get there, I would walk there by myself.
87. Right at this moment, Leon _____ the delivery truck to the storage facility.
88. That car, __________ owner was arrested by the police, has been parked there ever since. Two of __________ tyres have been stolen.
89. Rearrange the following words to create the most logical and grammatically correct sentence.
home learns its it’s that the to find important kitten way
It’s the kitten that learns important to find its way home.
The kitten learns it’s important that to find its way home.
It’s important that the kitten learns to find its way home
The kitten learns that its way home it’s important to find.
90. Are _______ _______ kids? I haven’t met _______ for ages!
them, your, them
those, my, you
those, your, them
they, my, her
91. Peter was __________ after buying his new bike. He rode it __________ because he didn’t want to reach the class __________.
extremely happy, fastly, late
extreme happy, fast, lately
extreme happy, fastly, lately
extremely happy, fast, late
92. Your friends host a party and someone leaves behind a phone. Which of the following is correct?
Whose phone was left at my friends house?
Who’s phone was left at my friend’s house?
Who’s phone was left at my friends’ house?
Whose phone was left at my friends’ house?
93. I will not oppose your decision. I cannot, _________, approve it.
94. Mark _________ us yesterday.
95. Start exercising now. You and ________ partner need to prepare ________ for next month’s marathon.
96. Will you be able to translate this document ______ French?
Any of the above can be used.
97. There’s always a risk _______ an earthquake in Japan. It’s difficult to concentrate _______ your work, when you know there could be a disaster any minute.
98. Select the sentence that is punctuated most accurately.
Mushrooms grow very quickly; in fact, after a good rain, it takes only a few hours and you can start picking them.
Mushrooms grow very quickly. In fact, after a good rain it takes only a few hours; and you can start picking them.
Mushrooms grow very quickly in fact. After a good rain; it takes only a few hours and you can start picking them.
Mushrooms grow very quickly; in fact after a good rain it takes only a few hours and you can start picking them.
99. Complete the following sentence by choosing the phrase with the best word order from the options given.
One thing I know about him ____________ .
is that he reads often books.
that is he reads often books.
that is he often reads books.
is that he often reads books.
100. Which of the following sentences illustrate(s) correct verb and verb tense usage?
Joan had never fallen in love until she had met Carl last year.
We have been waiting for the bus for nearly half an hour, but it has still not arrived.
When the old woman had heard that her son was arrested for robbery, she was shocked.
While the kids were playing by the pool, one of them was dropping his ball and trying to get it out himself.
fiverr english test answers 2020 pdf
fiverr skill test answers 2020
fiverr virtual assistant test answers 2020
fiverr excel test answers 2020
fiverr english test answers june 2020
fiverr english language (words and phrases) test
fiverr english language (words and phrases) test answers
fiverr english language test answers